Complaint Procedure Against Reynoldsburg Police Officers
- The complainant must travel to police headquarters to speak with a supervisor who feigns interest.
- The supervisor instructs the complainant to go to the safety director, while he alerts the city attorney about the complaint.
- The safety director gives the complainant an official-looking eight page complaint form to fill out.
- The safety director asks the police chief to look into the complaint.
- The police chief alerts the mayor about the complaint and defends any misbehavior by the officer(s) in question – despite eye-witnesses and indisputable testimony.
- The mayor contacts the city attorney to see if he will defend his office if he ignores a valid complaint.
- The city attorney assures the mayor that no one in the police force will be held accountable for almost any crime.
- The mayor – terrified by the FOP – sides with the police chief’s findings.
- The safety director contacts the complainant to claim there is no merit to their complaint.
Have a nice day!